Monday, February 2, 2009

Alive and Almost Well

Well, the tummy bug came to visit our house and Levi and I where the lucky winners. I'm hoping this will help with my weight loss goals. I had big plans this week to start sharing some of the stuff from the retreats I've done . I was already to encourage and motivate. So there will be a short delay in my sharing.
One thing being sick does is it makes me stop and be still. I am so not good at that. I don't like being sick, at all. Not that anyone does but it really made me think about my friend Michal and the chemo battle she is about to face. How do people do it? I mean really. Taking care of the kids and keeping the house up while vomiting? Feeling so bad that you want to just stay in bed with the covers over your head. How do you get to be the mommy and wife you want to be? I mean when I feel bad I am not Miss Congeniality. So many people battle cancer and the treatments are brutal. I pray that Michal's treatment will be bearable but effective. I pray her children can still see her beautiful smile and the love she has for them. May her husband only love her more.
So I thank God today that I am alive and well and I pray for all those that are battling disease and my hope is that they find strength in our Lord.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength


No comments: