Monday, February 16, 2009

Teenagers, Museums and More











Well , went on the 7th grade field trip and what was I thinking volunteering to chaperon teenagers in at the Art museum? Some of these kids have never been to a museum and don't know the meaning of don't touch. I was pleasantly surprised that we made it through the museum without any mishaps. The kids had been studying Japanese culture and it was cool that our museum has a whole exhibit. They got to see pieces that were dated 4500BC. I was amazed by this. It made me think about what are we doing that can stand the test of time? What treasures will be found to represent my generation?

My favorite part of the trip was having middle school boys singing Taylor Swifts Romeo & Juliet song. It makes me feel good when kids can just be kids.


Here are a few pictures from the day.

I came away with some of their cooties and I have the runny nose and yuck again!! Don't you love when they share?

Have a wonderful week!

No comments: