Sunday, July 27, 2008

Quiet Moments

I should be off to bed but I'm having one of those quiet moments of reflection. Wondering where summer went. Why when I was a kid a day felt like forever and now as an adult a day feels like a minute. I keep trying to prepare myself for Emilee leaving and heading off to college but to be honest I'm not even ready for the boys to go back to school. I have just enjoyed watching and allowing the boys to just be... dirty, wet, messy, stinky, creative, funny, they have been 12 and these days it's hard for kids to just be...12. I love when they play with legos or cars. This summer felt like Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn lived here. It's all about adventure. This innocense lasts such a short time and you know with Middle School comes the whole I've got to fit in act. My boys do pretty well just being who they are and I pray that can continue. Let's pray for our kids and the coming school year. God is mighty and he has awesome plans.
And let's remember that it's okay sometimes to JUST BE!!