Thursday, December 4, 2008

Conference Update

I am back from my two day conference Kids Count In Indiana. I attended some great sessions and met some interesting people that love working with youth. Heard two great speakers Walt Mueller and got to meet Ken Carter of the movie Coach Carter. He was powerful. He even asked for a high five from me and I have his picture on my phone. My boys thought I was a rock star. Wanted to share a view interesting points he made.

Punishment lasts an hour, a day, a week...Discipline lasts a lifetime!!



If you are in a funk ... get a funk buster



This thing called life...you have to live it...you can't get out alive



BIBLE stands for Basic instruction before leaving earth..I love that.



He allowed questions which was really cool and one person said who inspired you and without hesitation he said Jesus Christ. Isn't that great? He spoke a lot about his faith and he didn't care who was in the room and who would be offended. Loved it.

Coming home after two days to a sick boy and lots of errands but all in all my hubby and boys did a great job.

Hope you are having a wonderful week!

Tina

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I love the Bible one too!! I am so glad you got to go to the conference!! It sounds like it was a wonderful experience.

R

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a great conference. Glad you had fun!

Jennifer