Thursday, November 13, 2008

Getting Ready for Thanksgiving




Here's an easy recipe my mom gave me years ago and I always like to make it for the holidays. It makes a wonderful gift and I give it to all our Thanksgiving guests. Bonus is it tastes yummy!!


Made the name cards for Thanksgiving. They were very easy and work great.


Only 2 weeks till Turkey Day.
Recipe:



1 Large can applesauce


2 1/2 cups packed brown sugar


1/2 cup white vinegar or apple cider vinegar


1/4 t cloves


1/2 tsp cinnamon


Bake for 2 1/2 hours @ 350. Your house smells so good. Fill clean jelly jars and place . Turn the jars on their tops and they will seal quicker. Enjoy!




1 comment:

grannyval said...

You are so creative,place cards are to neat.So glad you posted recipe for the baked applebutter I lost mine and last one I used wasn't as good as this one .Looking forward to being together turkey day !
LOL & HUGS