Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Twilight




Hubby went to get our girl and I got to go with the boys and 55 other middle school kids to see Twilight. I was excited to finally see it after reading along with the kids. I loved the book and well, the movie was good but not as good as the book. My boys were never into reading at all but this 500+ page book captivated them. Most girls love it for Edward.But my boys couldn't stop reading it. One night I read for over two hours to them. It was so much fun discussing the book and hearing their take on it. My daughter has always been a reader and they can hardly wait for her to read the book. They think she can get it done in a day.
I must tell you it was great seeing so many teenagers so into a book. They had to pass an AR quiz to attend the movie with the group. They were awesome at the theater and at dinner. How refreshing to see our young behave and be well mannered. The teacher got a lot of backlash by offering this extra credit project. A lot of parents felt as a Christian it wasn't appropriate. I did a lot of research and after reading the book I'm not sure why that is. I love that this book shows two teenagers with a lot of self control. We all have to do what we are lead to do.
So, as I mentioned our girl is home and I must tell you it feels so good having all my kids a sleep in their beds.

No comments: